Step 1: Contact us via email or telephone

Send an email to or speak to us on 0330 6600 137

We always promise to respond to a complaint within 10 business days of submitting your complaint and if we haven't you will be entitled to receive automatic compensation in line with our Guaranteed Service Standards, a copy of which is included in your welcome pack.

Step 2: Contact our Head of Customer Services

If you aren't satisfied with our initial response, please write to us at the following address:

FAO Head of Customer Services
2 Traynor Way


Our Head of Customer Services will review the case and provide you with a resolution within 5 business days.


Step 3: Contact the relevant independent external body

Next, if you still aren't satisfied with how we've worked to resolve your complaint we have submitted ourselves to the Scottish Public Services (SPSO), or Consumer Council for Water (CCW).

If you are one of our English customers, please contact the Consumer Council for Water (CCW) at the following locations here or 0300 034 2222.

If you are one of our Scottish customers, the SPSO can be found here or by calling them on 0800 377 7330.

Both organisations act independently to review how complaints have been handled by water and sewerage companies and will judge whether we have treated you fairly or not. If the CCW or SPSO decides that we could have done more to help you then we will of course to ensure the mistakes are corrected.

Step 4: Contact our Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider

If you have exhausted the 3 steps above and where you are an applicable Consumer, then in accordance with Part 4 of 2015 No. 542 Consumer Protection, the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 we inform you that ADR Group is our ADR entity. At such time as we have exhausted our internal complaints handling procedure when considering a complaint from a customer and we have been unable to settle that complaint, ADR Group will be competent to deal with that complaint should the customer wish to use alternative dispute resolution and we will be obliged, or prepared to submit to an alternative dispute resolution procedure operated by ADR Group.

If a complaint is upheld, in addition to a full apology and explanation, you may be entitled to one of the following:

  1. Remedial action to put things right where possible; or
  2. Financial compensation where remedial action is not appropriate or possible.